Thursday 31 December 2009

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010


There is still few hours remaining for the year 2009, and after that the world will say 'Goodbye' to 2009 and 'Hello' to 2010. A lot of things has happened in the past one whole year. Some are good, and you might as well say some are 'not-so-good'.

During the early months of 2009, I lived in a university students' hall - Whitworth Park. It was a nice place, and is really close to the medical school. I could even popped out of bed 10 minutes before my class starts and still managed to attend it on time. Plus, it is also located near to John Rylands Library and Mcdougall Mosque which made my life as a student a whole lot easier.

Then, it was summer. The 3 months of holiday - no hassle and I was completely free from any burden of medical studies. I've done so much travelling during that time with my friends who is studying as well in Manchester. We went to all sort of places, mainly in Malaysia, where we have friends to visit and show us around. For instance, we went to Penang where Afif and Klone, who were the hosts became our 'tourist guide' and brought us to the fascinating places in "The Island Of Pearl". The yummy taste of 'kuey teow longkang' and the stunning, picturesque scenery of Batu Feringghi is still vivid in my memory.

After a long holiday, it's back to the books again and I started my second year as medical student in September 2009. Currently, I live in a house that is located quite near to Rusholme and my medical school. There are six of us in this house and we came from different backgrounds. Believe me, it is not easy to live in a rented house together because there are so much that needs to be done. But our long-lasting friendship that were built when we were in first years has unite us together to live under the same roof. Lots of things has happened in this house - from the endless teasing and joking around between Nageb and Apip, Muslim's loud and vibrant singing in his room, Icam's wonderful cooking and to Klone's never-ending business. All of these has lit a spark of light in 'Manar' and colours to my life.

In all, I hope that the memories of 2009 will stay on forever in my mind and may there be a wonderful future ahead for me in 2010.

No comments: