Friday 8 October 2010

Life In Clinical Years

I keep delaying and telling myself to write something in this blog some time later which ended up I didn't post any entry for the past few weeks. Right now, I am pulling all of my strength and energy around me to write an entry after I left this blog unattended for a while.

As most of you guys might have already know, I have just started my clinical years in Wythenshawe Hospital and I'm gonna spend my time here till I graduate. The hospital is actually located quite far from my house, near the Manchester Airport, which kinda force me to wake up very early in the morning to commute. Basically, my daily timetable has totally changed vastly now. Everyday, I wake up at 6 am, get ready, and leave my house at 7.30 am and reach my hospital at 8.30 am everyday. That's quite an early time for some people to get out of bed, huh?

And when it comes to clinical years, all of my schedule are really packed with all sorts of clinical teaching such as ward rounds, skills teaching, clinical debrief and ward works. Most of the days, I will always get home at about 6 pm and feels extremely exhausted. Don't know if it's the journey to and from the hospital that takes out most of my energy but when you have a hectic schedule, it is unlikely you will end up not feeling worn out.

I could still remember a senior told me to appreciate and cherish the free times that I had when I was in first and second years because clinical years gonna is not gonna treat you well. I guess there are right and now I am starting to feel the tense!

The main entrance for Wythenshawe Hospital

In all, I think that the very early start schedule everyday is to get me used to the real life as a doctor. Once, an FY2 doctor told me that his work starts at 8 am and finishes at 6 pm everyday. Guess my schedule was not that bad and it could be worst. Otherwise, I am grateful with my life and will always try to lead an active life of a medical student. Peace out!


No comments: