Sunday 9 May 2010

Chicken Tikka BBQ

I have learned something new today - how to marinate a chicken. I was supposed to marinate and grilled about 100 pieces of chicken for the Farewell Party. Grilling a chicken is no problem to me but marinating a chicken is. Therefore, I have asked opinions for recipes from some of my friends on how to do this and I ended up combining all of their ideas and make it more simple.

The ingredients are very easy to obtained and can be found in any grocery stores. They are - chicken, natural yoghurt, chicken tikka powder, olive oil and salt. If you guys can't find the chicken tikka BBQ powder in your nearest store, you can replace it with curry or tumeric powder.

The recipe are as follow:
  • Place a natural low fat yoghurt into a container
  • Pour in the Chicken Tikka BBQ powder
  • Put in some salt and olive oil (depending on the amount of your chicken)
  • Stir it well (it's better to use your hands)
  • Leave it for about at least an hour
  • Put your marinated chicken in the fridge to get better results and taste
Then, it's off to the oven. Cook it for about 40 minutes until the outer part of the chicken turns dark brown. Ideally, it is best to barbeque these marinated chickens outdoor to get its exquisite taste after beinq barbequed with heat from charcoals.

Me washing the chickens

Apip, Bat and Mursyid giving me a hand (or hands)

Grilling the chicken

The end results - deliciously looking good

I know the recipe I suggested here is kind of very simple and vague. Be sure to alter it according to tour needs. That's all for now. See ya!!

No comments: