Wednesday 12 May 2010

Malaysians Do Got Talent



Between our study group sessions a few days ago, Wahida showed me a really cool and catchy song by someone called Mizz Nina and in the song, she featured a very big singer and discographer named Colby O'Donis. To be frank, I really don't prefer disco songs compared to other genres of music. But, I have to make an exception for this one. I love this song at the first moment I heard it.

Then, I began to do some research on the girl who sang this song. To my surprise, she is actually a Malaysian and she was a former member of a famous hip hop group called Teh Tarik Crew. Mentioning the name of this group really brings back the memory when I was in high school. Well, maybe this group is not as famous as Too Phat but some of their songs are quite good and well worth to hear. It's just that maybe there were not so many people who fancy their songs which causes the group to split up and follow their own paths.

It had really caught my attention how a Malysian artist could work together with a very well-known singer and discographer in the world. I mean, Colby O'Donis is very popular in the music industry and he have been asked to be a featured artist with big names such as Lady Gaga (Just Dance) and Akon (What You Got). Now, he's singing with a Malaysian artist! I don't know who approached who to produce this song but their duet is really awesome! Try check out the video above!

p/s: Credits again to Wahida for introducing this song to me. If not, this song won't exist in my iTunes as today. :p

No comments: